Prep Time: 5 Mins
80g mixed nuts (almonds/walnuts)
40g desiccated coconut
80g sunflower seeds
40g pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
2 tablespoons coconut oil
35ml maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of sea salt
A pinch of ground cinnamon
1. Put the mixed nuts, desiccated coconut, sunflower, pumpkin and chia seeds into a food processor and
pulse until all the ingredients are roughly chopped but still have some texture remaining.
2. Put the coconut oil and maple syrup into a large wide-bottomed pan on a high heat until the coconut
oil is melted. Stir occasionally to make sure it doesn’t burn.
3. Add the nut and seed mixture to the pan, along with the vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon, and mix
everything thoroughly. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the nut mixture starts to colour and brown,
making sure you stir continuously.
4. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5. When serving, take your granola to the next level by adding some of the extras listed in the intro.
You could sprinkle it over porridge, or have it on its own with a splash of non-dairy milk or a dollop of
Mike Dorfman is BS in Biochemistry from the University of Colorado. Mike’s has worked as a personal trainer for Gold’s Gym and helped many clients achieve their weight-loss and fitness goals.
To health first, weight-loss second. Mike and Tetrogen are here to help you make the transition to the healthier, happier, and thinner you!
SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE WEEKLY EMAILS!
Get brand-new healthy recipes (easy ones), tips 'n tricks, and more...
Bonus: Get discount coupons for our products on a subscription!You will receive one tip per week. You can unsubscribe at any time. We will never share your information with third parties.