Prep Time: 20 Mins
175g buckwheat flour/ other flour of choice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons pumpkin purée
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons maple syrup/other liquid sweetener
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
50g cashew nuts
300ml rice milk
1 tablespoon finely ground coffee (optional but recommended)
Oil, for cooking the pancakes
1. Put all your ingredients, apart from the oil, into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Place a non-stick frying pan on a high heat. Lightly drizzle some oil into the pan to prevent the
mixture from sticking. Once the oil heats up, reduce the heat to medium.
3. Pour enough batter into the pan to lightly cover the surface (about 5 tablespoons for a large pancake
and 2-3 for mini ones). Move the pan around to spread the batter out nice and evenly.
4. Once bubbles start to form around the edges and in the middle, and the top starts to dry out, it’s time
to flip your pancake over and cook on the other side. Once browned on both sides, it’s done.
5. Repeat the process until all your pancakes are cooked. Now plate them up and devour.