Welcome to Tetrogen’s 12-Week Plan – Week 9 – How to Lose Belly Fat by Reducing Sugar Intake
Well done! This week we want to discuss the No. 1 Enemy for your health and fat loss…SUGAR! We’re going to show how easy and relatively painless it is to learn how to lose belly fat by making a few simple adjustments.
Quote of the week.
“Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end, you are sure to succeed.” – Abraham Lincoln
Action Plan – Week 9
During this week, we would like you to start implementing intermittent fasting three times per week.
Eating too much sugar, in all its forms, can cause very serious diseases and disorders, among them, are the following:
- type 2 diabetes
- obesity and metabolic syndrome
- heart disease
- high blood pressure and cholesterol
- chronic inflammation
- non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
To eliminate or drastically cut down on sugar, try these strategies:
- Cut down gradually – Sugar is addictive and to cut it out all in one hit can be a shock to the system. Start with cutting out obvious sources of sugar. Don’t add it to anything (like tea and coffee) and try to eliminate cakes, biscuits, sweets, sugary drinks and candy.
- Learn to read labels – Reading labels can help to identify all the different types of sugars. There are about 60 different names for sugar and you need to learn how to identify them.
- Some of the more common ones are:
- corn syrup or high fructose corn syrup
- evaporated cane juice
- invert sugar
- beet sugar
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup
- agave syrup
- rice syrup
- apple or grape juice concentrate
More Tips on How to Lose Belly Fat
- Avoid simple carbs – Simple carbohydrates are broken down very quickly by the body into sugar. They include white flour, white pasta, and white rice.
- Avoid artificial sugars – These are sweeter than sugar but contain little or no calories. However, they can still cause a person to have sugar cravings, which means they may find that cutting out sugar becomes more difficult. It’s best to avoid them and try to re-educate your palate. Also taking unnecessary dubious chemicals into your body is not recommended.
- Do not drink sugar – Sugary drinks, such as soda (soft drinks or refrescos), specialty coffees, sweetened teas, and fruit juices, are all full of sugar, so avoid them and substitute with herbal tea, coffee or tea without sugar, sparkling mineral water, or plain water.
- Focus on whole foods – Try to eat as many whole foods as possible as these are less likely to contain sugars. You will eat more fruit and vegetables, lean meats, poultry, tofu, fish, unprocessed grains and legumes, and nuts and seeds. Some dairy is also ok.
- Use spices liberally – You can add sweet-tasting herbs and spices to food and drink to replace sugar. These include vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg.
What is the difference between simple and complex carbohydrates? Why should we choose complex carbs for fat loss and health?
Complex carbohydrates are a better source of energy for your body as they take longer to break down and do not produce the spike in blood sugar that simple sugars (candy, sugary drinks, syrups, table sugar, fruit juice concentrate, products with added sugar, such as baked goods and some cereals) produce.
To complicate matters, many foods contain both simple and complex carbs. So then it is important to understand the Glycemic Index of various carbohydrates and choose carbs that are low on the GI. For example, white flour contains complex carbohydrates but is quite high on the GI, whereas rye flour is not. Grains such as whole oats are also low on the GI.
It is good to choose whole grains such as barley, oats, buckwheat, wild rice and spelt. Also include vegetables, legumes, and nuts in your diet as highly nutritious complex carbs.
Useful information on how to lose belly fat without massive cravings
What are some of the pitfalls for weight and fat loss?
Unless you are doing an intermittent fast, don’t skip breakfast. Actually don’t skip meals at all unless you have planned a fast.
Watch the calories you are drinking. Lattes and specialist coffees can pack a nasty calorie punch.
Don’t munch away on anything in a mindless manner. Keep a careful watch on your calorie intake. A handful of peanuts can easily turn into two or more handfuls.
Don’t weigh yourself too often and don’t set unrealistic weight-loss goals.
Remember it is fat loss that is important.
Fitness Tip of the week.
Aerobic exercise is best for health and weight loss.
Follow this link: https://www.active.com/fitness/articles/how-to-calculate-your-training-heart-rate-zones to go through these steps and use them as a guideline when they are brisk walking, hill walking, jogging, swimming or cycling.
How did you like Tetrogen’s 12-Week Plan – Week 9? Did you discover it is actually easy to learn how to lose belly fat with just a few simple adjustments to reduce sugar intake?
Ready for Week 10? Let’s Go!
Mike Dorfman is BS in Biochemistry from the University of Colorado. Mike’s has worked as a personal trainer for Gold’s Gym and helped many clients achieve their weight-loss and fitness goals.
To health first, weight-loss second. Mike and Tetrogen are here to help you make the transition to the healthier, happier, and thinner you!
SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE WEEKLY EMAILS!
Get brand-new healthy recipes (easy ones), tips 'n tricks, and more...
Bonus: Get discount coupons for our products on a subscription!You will receive one tip per week. You can unsubscribe at any time. We will never share your information with third parties.