HIIT via bicycling may not be viable for seniors and could actually cause more harm than good. So developing a realistic, comprehensive approach is need for sustained fat burning.
Action Plan Week 11 – How to Lose Fat Fast
Welcome to Week 11. You’re nearly there! Remember that this 12-week plan is just a blueprint for your new life-long good habits. These new habits will help you learn how to lose fat around waist while promoting long-term health and wellness.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“The distance between who I am and who I want to be is only separated by what I do!”
Important Information to Help You Learn How to Lose Fat Fast
Are you getting enough sleep? Tetrogen Night contains Melatonin that should ensure a good night’s sleep. Sleeping well and keeping calm are very important for fat loss and weight loss, not to mention your general health. It also helps lower cortisol, “the stress hormone”.
While it does help your body manage stress, it may also increase waist and abdominal fat storage, especially in women. Therefore too much cortisol present will make your weight loss more difficult.
Fitness Tip of the week to burn that fat!
It is important to exercise in your training heart rate zone. Why?
You want to improve your cardiovascular health, and you want to increase your fitness. Being fit and strong means you burn more fat. Having a healthy heart means you get to live longer, look younger and avoid very nasty diseases.
- You need to know how to calculate your maximum heart rate (220 – your age).
- Then you calculate your resting heart rate (take your pulse first thing when you wake up before you move a muscle!)
- Calculate your heart rate reserve (subtract the resting heart rate from the maximum heart rate)
- Calculate your aerobic training heart rate for fat-burning. This fat-burning range will lie between 50 and 75 percent of your heart-rate reserve
Stretch! Stretch! Stretch!
You should be stretching every day! You can stretch when you get up in the morning or before you go to bed at night. Stretch after exercising and also make sure you do a few minutes warm-up before attempting anything strenuous.
Stretching helps with flexibility, muscle mobility and is extremely important for preventing injuries. Stretching keeps your muscles smooth, long and lean and helps your joints remain mobile.
Night time-stretching is a great way to relax, take your mind off food and enable a good night’s sleep.
Diet tip of the week to help you learn how to lose fat fast and avoid plateaus
Are you experiencing a fat/weight loss plateau?
You may have been really excited over the last few weeks to see your weight loss reduction and noticeable fat loss, but perhaps nothing has happened recently.
You know you’ve been following the diet plan the calorie limit and exercising. So what’s going on? Sometimes our metabolism becomes accustomed to the reduction in calories and the increase in exercise and stays put for a while. This is known as a weight-loss plateau. Then we have to kick start it a little. How?
- Just for a week or so, reduce your carbohydrate intake using high protein recipes. Stick to the same calorie limit, but increase your protein and fat and reduce the carbohydrates. When you do eat carbs, make sure they are as low GI as possible.
- Change your exercise routines. Add in some weight training to gain muscle strength which in turn helps burn fat and kick starts the metabolism.
- You may have been sneaking in a few unwanted calories. Perhaps you’ve not been so careful with your weighing and measuring. Get back on track with your food diary and keep it exact.
- Keep up your intermittent fasting and cut out or drastically reduce your alcohol intake.
- Boost your fiber intake by increasing your green and cruciferous vegetables.
- Try to eat lean protein and vegetables with every meal.
- Don’t eat carbs after 7 pm, except the above mentioned green and cruciferous vegetables ( broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussels sprouts).
- Last but not least, don’t worry! Stop weighing yourself for a while, follow the above-mentioned strategies and then surprise yourself in a couple of weeks’ time.
Ready for Week 12? Let’s Go!
Mike Dorfman is BS in Biochemistry from the University of Colorado. Mike’s has worked as a personal trainer for Gold’s Gym and helped many clients achieve their weight-loss and fitness goals.
To health first, weight-loss second. Mike and Tetrogen are here to help you make the transition to the healthier, happier, and thinner you!
SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE WEEKLY EMAILS!
Get brand-new healthy recipes (easy ones), tips 'n tricks, and more...
Bonus: Get discount coupons for our products on a subscription!You will receive one tip per week. You can unsubscribe at any time. We will never share your information with third parties.