Eating vegetables that are high in fiber naturally suppress appetite and can help you shed belly fat.
Prep Time: 15 Mins
4 nests of dried whole-wheat noodles (200g)
3 cloves of garlic
A thumb-size piece of fresh ginger
A handful of scallions
1/2 a fresh red chilli
150g oyster mushrooms
1 red pepper
1 head of pak choi
2 tablespoons oil
4 tablespoons tamari/soy sauce
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Juice of 11/2 limes
Toasted cashew nuts
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil with a pinch of salt and cook the noodles in this as per the instructions on the packet, then drain and rinse in a colander. Set aside.
2. Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger. Finely slice the scallions and chilli (remove the seeds if you don’t like it spicy). Chop the mushrooms up nice and small, and finely chop the deseeded red pepper along with the pak choi.
3. Put the oil into a wok or large frying pan on a high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the garlic, ginger, chilli and scallions, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the mushrooms and cook for another minute.
4. While these are cooking, prepare your sauce by mixing the tamari, maple syrup and lime juice together in a bowl. Add half the sauce to the pan, along with the red pepper and pak choi, and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the drained noodles to the pan along with the remaining sauce and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, divide between plates and top each serving with chilli flakes and sesame seeds, or maybe some toasted cashew nuts and chopped fresh coriander.