Prep Time: 25 Mins
2 medium red onions
3 cloves of garlic
1 small carrot
1 head of fennel
500g potatoes, unpeeled
250g fine green beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
500ml vegetable stock
2x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon maple syrup/ other liquid sweetener
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon/1 cinnamon stick
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bay leaf
11/2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 a lemon
A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Peel the onions and garlic and chop finely. Grate the carrot and finely chop the fennel. Cut the courgette and potatoes into small bite-size pieces. Top and tail the green beans.
2. Pour the oil into a large frying pan over a high heat. When it heats up, add the garlic and onions, stirring regularly until the garlic turns golden and the onions start to go translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the carrot, fennel, courgettes and potatoes, and cook for a further 3 minutes on a high heat.
4. Next, add the vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice, oregano, bay leaf, salt and black pepper. Once it boils, reduce the heat, put a lid on and leave to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Check the potatoes after 15 minutes to see if they are soft and ready to eat, then add the green beans. Quarter the lemon, removing any obvious seeds, add to the dish and cook for a further 5 minutes with the lid off.
6. Garnish each serving with flat-leaf parsley. This dish goes great served with crusty hunks of bread and some Kalamata olives on the side.
Mike Dorfman is BS in Biochemistry from the University of Colorado. Mike’s has worked as a personal trainer for Gold’s Gym and helped many clients achieve their weight-loss and fitness goals.
To health first, weight-loss second. Mike and Tetrogen are here to help you make the transition to the healthier, happier, and thinner you!
SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE WEEKLY EMAILS!
Get brand-new healthy recipes (easy ones), tips 'n tricks, and more...
Bonus: Get discount coupons for our products on a subscription!You will receive one tip per week. You can unsubscribe at any time. We will never share your information with third parties.