Prep Time: 15 Mins
1/2 a thumb-size piece of fresh ginger
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 a fresh red chilli
1 red pepper
1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons tamari/soy sauce
4 tablespoons peanut butter/almond butter
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup/ other liquid sweetener
350ml warm water
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small bunch of fresh coriander or basil
1 pack of beansprouts
A handful of toasted nuts
1. Peel and finely chop the ginger and garlic. Finely slice the scallions. Deseed and finely slice the chilli and the red pepper (leave the seeds in the chilli if you like it spicy). Finely chop the courgette. Drain the chickpeas and rinse thoroughly.
2. Put a medium-size saucepan on a high heat and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic, ginger, chilli and scallions and cook for 11/2 minutes on a high heat, stirring regularly.
3. Next, add the chopped courgette and red pepper and cook for another minute. Add the tamari, cook for another minute, then turn the heat down to low/medium.
4. Put the peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and 150ml of the warm water into a blender and whiz until smooth (or whisk vigorously with a fork), then add to the pan.
5. Slowly add the remaining water, along with the chickpeas, and turn the heat back up to high. Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
6. Divide between four bowls, topping each serving with roughly chopped fresh coriander or basil, fresh red chilli and some beansprouts. Toasted nuts go great as a garnish, too.
Mike Dorfman is BS in Biochemistry from the University of Colorado. Mike’s has worked as a personal trainer for Gold’s Gym and helped many clients achieve their weight-loss and fitness goals.
To health first, weight-loss second. Mike and Tetrogen are here to help you make the transition to the healthier, happier, and thinner you!
SIGN UP NOW FOR YOUR FREE WEEKLY EMAILS!
Get brand-new healthy recipes (easy ones), tips 'n tricks, and more...
Bonus: Get discount coupons for our products on a subscription!You will receive one tip per week. You can unsubscribe at any time. We will never share your information with third parties.