Prep Time: 20 Mins
250g buckwheat flour/ other flour of choice
2 teaspoons baking powder (11/2 teaspoons if using white flour)
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 a banana or 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
3 tablespoons almond butter
400ml rice milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. First step, turn on the waffle iron.
2. To make the batter, whiz all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
3. Once the waffle iron is hot, spray it with vegetable oil to prevent the waffles from sticking. Pour in
the batter, ensuring that you have added enough to cover the full iron, and leaving a bit of room for the
waffles to rise slightly.
4. Cook in the waffle iron until they turn nice and brown. Remove and add toppings of your choice (see
intro, and see the photo for other serving ideas).
Nutritional Benfits Of Key Ingrediants
- Flaxseeds are a great source of fiber, which can help with digestion and weight loss
- They’re high in antioxidants, which can help protect your body against disease
- Flaxseeds contain omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health
- They’re also a good source of minerals like magnesium and potassium
- Adding flaxseed to your diet is easy – you can sprinkle it on top of yogurt or cereal, or add it to smoothies or baked goods
- Almond butter is a source of healthy monounsaturated fats
- It’s high in fiber and protein, making it a great choice for a healthy snack
- Almond butter can help you lose weight or maintain your current weight
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help improve your health
- Almond butter is a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, magnesium, and potassium
- Rice milk is a dairy-free, vegan-friendly alternative to cow’s milk
- It is high in nutrients such as vitamin B12, potassium, and magnesium
- Rice milk is low in fat and cholesterol, making it a healthy choice for people with heart disease or diabetes
Mike Dorfman is BS in Biochemistry from the University of Colorado. Mike’s has worked as a personal trainer for Gold’s Gym and helped many clients achieve their weight-loss and fitness goals.
To health first, weight-loss second. Mike and Tetrogen are here to help you make the transition to the healthier, happier, and thinner you!